Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cashew Cream


As I mentioned in my last post I have a new love/addiction to cashew cream and lucky for me there are many SCD friendly recipes online and on Pinterest!
The photo above is my own of strawberries smothered in fresh cashew cream, it tastes like a desert which is something I miss since I cannot tolerate a lot of sweets.  
Recipe for cashew cream:
2 cups raw whole cashews soaked overnight in water cover and keep in refrigerator
drain cashews and place in blender (high powered blenders tend to work best for a smooth consistency)
add enough filtered water to cover cashews approximately 1 inch
BLEND!!! Until smooth or desired consistency. You can add less or more water depending on desired thickness.
DONE
You can add maple syrup, honey, or stevia, and vanilla extract to sweeten/ flavor.  I added vanilla extract to mine to keep it SCD legal.
Pour over fresh fruit, top a waffle, add to fruit smoothies...the options are endless :)


Now for something even more AMAZING!!!
Key lime cashew cream pie with almond meal crust and whipped coconut milk

The photo above is my version of a "nailed it"
Can you guess which pie is my creation? LOL!  Can't tell? I don't blame you they look pretty much identical :)  The BEAUTIFUL photo on the left is from Baker Bettie who I was lucky enough to stumble upon her inspiring food blog through Pinterest, the photo on the right is my less glamorous, but none the less very delicious attempt.
This recipe is so easy and the finished product is refreshing and light.  I will be making another pie the second we finish this first one.  I made this SCD friendly by using honey as my sweetener of choice.
For the recipe click here.
And for more inspiring recipes visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment